What is Trade-wings Institute of Management?
Students should attend classes regularly in order to derive full benefit from the course. Students will have to attend at least 75% of the classes in order to qualify for receiving their Diploma Certificate. Students are required to take prior permission in writing or submit an attested leave certificate for the days absent. In absence of this leave certificate duly signed by the guardian, the center may charge you a fine for absence.
BATCH TIMING ADHERENCE
Even though the batch time will be specified, students will be required to attend practicals and guest lectures at a different venue and timings. However all efforts will be made to organize practicals during the announced batch time. Students are expected to arrive 10 minutes before the commencement of the session. In case they are late by more than 20 minutes they will not be allowed to attend the session.
Transfers are available from one center to the other in case the student is compelled to relocate. Transfers are permitted only after the full payment of fees and completion of at least 2 modules of course syllabus. The admittance / admission at the new location would be from the beginning of the next module. In case of transfers, the receiving center would try to accommodate the student in the desired time slot but the same would be subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed. In case of transfer, a student should pay a fee of Rs. 1,500 + Applicable service tax to the Head Office-Mumbai, along with the transfer request form and No Objection Certificate of the existing center. No transfer will be allowed without intimation to Head Office.
Validity of the Enrollment varies from course to course (add 6 months to the duration of the course to get the validity of your enrollment). Students are not allowed to take break after commencement of the course. In case the student takes a break, he/she needs to pay fine of Rs. 5000/- without which he/she will not be permitted to attend the classes. In any case, the student has to complete the course before the validity period. If this period exceeds the validity, student needs to pay Rs. 5000/- as re-registration.
In order to join TIM’s professional courses, the applicant should have successfully completed a higher secondary school or an equivalent education. A good understanding of written English, World Geography and Basic Mathematics is essential. In case of candidates having excellent knowledge of spoken English, and understanding of basic Maths and Geography, even 10th standard completed students can be considered for admission.
Once students pass through the counseling process and decide to join TIM’s courses, they need to follow The procedure given below: -
- Every students needs to buy a prospectus of TIM. This is mandatory because a student should have the copy of rules and regulations which are mentioned in the prospectus. Moreover, the prospectus contains a Registration Form for every student which needs to be filled and submitted to the concerned center of TIM, at the time of enrollment. Current price of a prospectus is Rs. 200/- Please pay cash for Prospectus and insist on a receipt for it.
- Along with the duly filled registration form, fees need to be paid to the center. Always insist on the Printed receipt duly signed by the authorized signatory. Some of the business associates of TIM issue the receipt of their own organizations, please check whether the receipt shows that these organization are TIM associates. In case of any irregularity, please Communicate to Head office on its e-mail.
- It is expected that you pay full fees at the beginning of the course, in which case, the fees mentioned in the prospectus, is charged to you. In case you are unable to pay the fees in full, every centre has its own policy on installment plans, in which case, the fees will be higher than the printed price and will vary from center to center.
- For starting your course, a minimum of 50% of the course fees is required to be paid by you at the time of enrollment. Once you have paid a minimum of 50% of the fees, the center will immediately give you an Enrollment Application Form (EA Form) in triplicate which is pre-numbered and would ask you to fill it in your own handwriting. You are to give 3 passport size photographs of you at this stage. First copy of this form remains with you, second copy(Yellow Colour) is sent to Head Office and the third remains with the center. You are requested to go through the rules and regulations printed at the back of this form, very carefully before signing this form. If the center does not provide you with this form, insist on it or send a e-mail to the registrar at Head Office to take further action.
- Part of your total fees is called registration fee, which every center needs to send to HO to register you as a student at Head Office along with your registration form and the EA Form. This information is sent to the head office by the concerned center only when you have paid minimum of 50% of your course fees. At this point we request you to send one e-mail to the Registrar at Head Office on its mail address stating that you have enrolled for a particular course giving your payment details. This mail will be of great help in ensuring that your registration reaches Head Office in time and Head Office can provide you all the support.
- Once you are registered at Head Office, they will send you an identity card and the course books. It will also keep track of your progress during the course, check whether you have received the proper books in time, etc. and towards the end of your course, this data will be automatically transferred to the placement cell. Head Office will send you a return mail confirming your registration. In case, You do not get such confirmation from Head Office, please communicate to the General Manager, TIM, Head Office to take further action.
- The registration and enrollment is not transferable.
- The validity of your registration is 6 months. For example- If you have paid less than 50% of the fees, the course will not begin for you and the fees paid by you, is treated as registration fees. If you do not pay the remaining fees within 6 months, the fees paid by you will be forfeited.
- Fees once paid is not refundable under any condition. This rule is strictly followed since the economics of starting a batch depends on the number of enrollments. Backing out of pre-planned batch upsets all the economics of the batch management. No request for refund, will be entertained by Head Office.
Students who enrol for TIM’ s diploma courses have to pass the written examination. However, the assessment of the students will be conducted on a continuous basis, giving due weightage to class participation, reports and projects.
When a student is unable to appear in a scheduled internal evaluation test or complete project reports due to illness or emergency, a written application should be given to the Branch Manager within 7 days of the examination. For a re-test, the Branch Manager on verification of the application will decide whether it should be granted or not.
For evaluation purposes, a 4-point grade system will be used. The grade and its corresponding percentages are shown below:O OUTSTANDING 75-100 A VERY GOOD 65-74 B GOOD 55-64 C+ AVERAGE 50-54
Minimum passing standard in each is equivalent to C + Grade. To award the diploma a student must pass in all subjects.
All enrollments are deemed cancelled and complete on issue of the Diploma Certificate. For issuance of duplicate certificate, a fee of Rs. 1000 + ST would be charged. Certificates/Duplicate certificates issued after the validity period will be charged a fee of Rs. 3000 +ST. If you do not get your certificate within a month of your final examination, please send an e-mail to The Registrar at the Head Office.
For Issuance of duplicate certificate within the validity period of registration, a fee of Rs. 1,000 + Applicable service tax would be charged. But if the certificate is issued after the validity period expires, a fee of Rs. 3,000 + Applicable service tax would be charged.