- Duration - 4 Months
The International Air Transport Association (IATA), is the world organization of scheduled airlines, founded in 1945, to help meet the problems anticipated in the expansion of civil air services after the second world war.
The IATA / UFTAA International Travel Agents Training program was launched in 1972 to meet the growing demand for well trained staff in the Travel Industry and is now available almost all over the world. The IATA / UFTAA Diploma, has become a hallmark in the travel industry and guarantees excellent standards in training, gaining worldwide recognition and acceptance as a high quality product. It is important for anyone wishing to upgrade his / her professional competence or start a career in the travel industry.
Who can enroll ?
- Anyone who wishes to make a career in the travel industry.
- Personnel who are already in the these fields and who wish to upgrade their knowledge and competence
- Personnel of large companies who deal with travel arrangements.
- Successfully completed Secondary school or equivalent.
- Preferably completed IATA / UFTAA Foundation Course.
- Good understanding of written English, World Geography and Basic Mathematics.
Application and enrollment procedures:
TIM takes care of all procedures related to application, enrollment and supply of the study kit. Just fill in the application form and hand it over along with the bank draft of the fee applicable, to us. Now sit back and relax ! TIM will send your application and remittance to the IATA Training Center at Montreal. TIM will follow up on your application and get your training kit. You can also avail of our intensive coaching to prepare for the examinations.
The IATA / UFTAA Consultant course exams are held every year in March, June, September and December. Students must enroll at least five months prior to the examination. The exams must be taken within the registration period. The exam is conducted on one day only.
Award of Diploma:
To qualify for the IATA / UFTAA Consultant Diploma, candidates must secure at least 60% of the marks obtainable in each section. The paper is divided into two sections, namely: Fares & Travel Theory. A Diploma with "Distinction" will be awarded to candidates who achieve 85% at their first attempt.
Students, who fail in their first attempt, can appear for their second attempt in the next exam session. Students, who register for the exam and who do not attend will be recorded as "No Show", which will be treated as "Failed". Students, who fail in the second attempt as well, are allowed to appear for the third attempt exam after paying the third attempt fees within the validity period. On successful completion of examination, Students will receive the following internationally recognized Diploma.
Reservation, Counter & Sales & Marketing executives in Travel agencies.Traffic assistants, reservation, counter and sales & Marketing executives, Revenue accountants & Prorators in Airlines. Airport operations executives, ground handling executives, check-in & ticketing agents at the Airport, Counter executives, Sales & Marketing executives, Clearing & forwarding agents, airport duty officers,freight forwarders, Port & warehousing executives etc..
How You Will Benefit
- Provide accurate advice to clients on major tourist destinations.
- Produce customised and international inclusive tours.
- Sell international business, incentive and conference travel arrangements.
- Construct complex fares and routings by applying advanced IATA fare construction principles; issue and re-issue tickets and other documents for all types of international journeys.
- Familiarise yourself with common national requirements, IATA's Regulations and the role of the National Travel Agents' Associations.
- Learn effective selling skills.
- Understand the Billing and Settlement System to give your travel operation a distinct operational advantage
- Students who have completed the Foundation Course or the previous Standard Course.
- Travel consultants with some industry experience, who wish to upgrade their professional competence.
- Staff of tour operators and consolidators, and airlines.
- Geography in Travel Planning-II
- Land Transport - Rail-II
- Land Transport – Bus and Coach
- Accommodation (other than hotels)
- Water Transport – Cruises and Private Charter
- Tour Packages 2
- Law and Regulations-I
- Selling Skills
- Air Fares and Ticketing-II*
By successfully completing the examination, you become a qualified holder of the IATA / UFTAA International Travel and Tourism Consultant Diploma. You will also be able to add the letters "DTTC" (Diploma in Travel and Tourism Consulting) after your name.Take this course