- Duration - 4 Months
In this course the students will learn about the fascinating world of airport operations by understanding the airport's role in history, the various agencies, airlines and companies found at an airport along with the important roles airports play in the local and national economies. They will also appreciate the fascinating types of technology used at airports from x-ray machines to runway lighting. A must for anybody wanting to make a career in airlines, especially at the airport.
Who can enroll ?
- Recently appointed airport staff
- Travel industry staff
- Newcomers to the industry
- Successfully completed Secondary school or equivalent.
- Good understanding of written English, World Geography and Basic Mathematics.
Application and enrollment procedures:
TIM takes care of all procedures related to application, enrollment and supply of the study kit. Just fill in the application form and hand it over along with the bank draft of the fee applicable, to us. Now sit back and relax ! TIM will send your application and remittance to the IATA Training Center at Montreal. TIM will follow up on your application and get your training kit. You can also avail of our intensive coaching to prepare for the examinations.
The IATA / UFTAA Foundation course exams are held every year in March, June, September and December. Students must enroll at least five months prior to the examination. The exams must be taken within the registration period. The exam is conducted on one day only.
Award of Diploma:
To qualify for the IATA Airport Opertations Diploma, candidates must secure at least 60% of the marks obtainable in each section. The paper is divided into three sections, namely: Fares, Travel Theory & GDS. A Diploma with "Distinction" will be awarded to candidates who achieves 90% at their first attempt.
Students who fail in their first attempt can appear for their second attempt in the next exam session. Students who register for the exam and who do not attend will be recorded as "No Show", which will be treated as "Failed".
On successful completion of examination, Students will receive the following internationally recognized Diploma.
Reservation, Counter & Sales & Marketing executives in Travel agencies. Traffic assistants, reservation, counter and sales & Marketing executives, Revenue accountants & Prorators in Airlines. Airport operations executives, ground handling executives, check-in & ticketing agents at the Airport, Counter executives, Sales & Marketing executives, Clearing & forwarding agents, airport duty officers, freight forwarders, Port & warehousing executives etc.
- Understanding the Airport
- Economics of airports
- Airside/Terminal/Landside operations
- Airport Support services
- Future of Airports
How You Will BenefitUpon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Know the history of aviation and understand the role airports play in the economy.
- Discover the various airport customers and partners.
- Gain knowledge about the multiple operational and business functions of airports.
- Acquire the tools to apply your knowledge and skills to your airport environment.
- Recently appointed staff working for or at an airport.
- Travel industry staff wanting to understand airports.
- Police, Immigration and Customs staff having to deal with airports.
- People wanting to work in aviation by bettering their knowledge.