- Duration - 12 Months
Travel is a business and so demands certain technical skills and product knowledge. TIM has devised a detailed curriculum for this course which includes International Airline & Travel Management, Computerized Reservation System (CRS) Galileo and CRM. This will give the student a dual advantage of gaining knowledge useful either in a travel agency or as ground staff at the airport. The CRS system is used widely in all travel agencies / airlines and will give the student an added qualification during placements. Though there are varied occupations, there is one common denominator - service. To be able to give the best service, students must have confidence and product knowledge.
To inculcate confidence and interpersonal skills in the students, we have developed a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) module which is given absolutely free. This module trains students on how to deal with different types of customers and enhance their communication and interpersonal skills.
The travel industry is one of the largest employers of manpower offering a range of opportunities from low to highly paid jobs. To be successful in this service oriented trade, it is essential to have the necessary skills and up-to-date knowledge The Tourism industry has emerged as one of the fastest growing industries, contributing to 10% of the world's economy making it the single largest service industry globally, in terms of gross revenue, as well as foreign exchange earnings. Tourism is the highest generator of employment globally.
Hospitality is an integral of the Travel & Tourism industry. Perhaps no other industry has been so dramatically affected by innovation & growth as the hospitality industry. The increasing demand for hotels all over the world has given rise to innumerable career opportunities in this industry.
- International Airline & Travel Management: This module covers Geography, codes used in travel industry, Travel formalities, Baggage rules, Reservation procedures, Fare construction & Ticketing and Travel Agency Management.
- CRM (Customer Relationship Management): This module covers how to deal with different types of customers, effective communication skills, how to present a resume, interview techniques, sales techniques & marketing principles.
- Computerized Reservation System (CRS) Galileo : This module covers how to check time-table availability of flights, creating a PNR, special requests, display of fares, hotel reservations & car rental bookings.
- Tourism Management : This module covers Tourism Organizations, different types of tourism, history, culture & heritage of India, India as a destination, and Tourism circuits in India, travel formalities with India, international tourist attractions, latest trends & career opportunities in the tourism industry.
- Hospitality Management : This module covers Front Office Management, F&B Management, House Keeping & Back Office
Minimum 10 + 2 or equivalent. A good understanding of written English, World Geography and basic mathematics.
Reservation, counter and Sales & Marketing executives in Travel agencies. Traffic assistants, revenue accountants & Prorators in Airlines, Airport operations executives, ground handling executives, check-in and ticketing agents at the Airport.
Executives in Tour operating organizations, tourist offices and other tourism related agencies, Tour escorts, tour guides, etc.
Front office assistants, lobby / guest relation executives, executive housekeepers, restaurant managers & captains at hotels, Cruise Ships. Executives in Airline Catering & Cabin Services, Manufacturers & Suppliers Of Hotel & Restaurant Equipment & Services, Hotel & Catering Institutes, Hotel & Tourism Associations, Catering Departments in bank & insurance houses, with government owned catering departments, for example railway, armed forces, ministerial conventions, etc., in food, confectionery, beverage production industries.Take this course