- Duration : 8 Months
- Also Available in E-Learning Format
- Visit Now - www.onlinetraveledu.com
The travel industry is one of the largest employers of manpower offering a range of opportunities from low to highly paid jobs. To be successful in this service oriented trade, it is essential to have the necessary skills and up-to-date knowledge. TIM has devised a detailed curriculum for this course which will give the student a dual advantage of gaining knowledge useful either in a travel agency or as ground staff at the airport.
The CRS system - Galileo is used widely in all travel agencies / airlines and will give the student an added qualification during placements.
The Tourism industry has emerged as one of the fastest growing industries, contributing to 10% of the world's economy making it the single largest service industry globally, in terms of gross revenue, as well as foreign exchange earnings. Tourism is the highest generator of employment globally.
According to the World Tourism Organization (WTO), the number of international travelers has risen to more than 500 million per annum, which means that one out of every ten inhabitants of this planet is a tourist. With rapid developments in the field of transport and communications, the global tourism industry is likely to double in the next decade.
Tourism is an integrated part of the travel industry and one of the most upcoming sectors.
- International Airline & Travel Management module covers Geography, codes used in travel industry, Travel formalities, Baggage rules, Reservation procedures, Fare construction & Ticketing and Travel Agency Management.
- Computerized Reservation System (CRS) Galileo module covers how to check time-table and availability of flights, creating a PNR, special requests, seat requests, display of fares, hotel reservations & car rental bookings.
- CRM (Customer Relationship Management) module covers how to deal with different types of customers, effective communication skills, how to present a resume, interview techniques, sales techniques & marketing principles.
- Tourism Management module covers Tourism Organizations, different types of tourism, Tourism infrastructure & management, Economic & social Importance of tourism, Eco tourism, history, culture & heritage of India, India as a destination, Tourism circuits in India, Travel formalities within India, International tourist attractions, Latest trends & career opportunities in the tourism industry.
Minimum 10 + 2 or equivalent. A good understanding of written English, World Geography and basic mathematics.
Reservation, counter and Sales & Marketing executives in Travel agencies. Traffic assistants, revenue accountants & Prorators in Airlines, Airport operations executives, ground handling executives, check-in and ticketing agents at the Airport, Tour operators, tourist offices and other tourism related agencies.Take this course